1. I have favorites. I try not to - and I do truly give every new thread a chance. But favorites happen, because some people write in a way that just thrills me in particular. I will try not to focus too much on my favorites, knowing that each new person I roleplay with just may turn out to be a favorite as well.
2. Some days I struggle to write replies. When I do, when I skip over your thread to reply to another, it’s not something you have done wrong. My muse is not responding to yours at the moment, possibly for reasons neither of us have any control over.
3. There is no correlation between a lengthy reply and a good one. If you can only type out two paragraphs and I’ve written five, you didn’t fail, and vice versa. Writing flows best when you free yourself from the expectations of verbiage, structure, number of words on the page.
4. I do this for fun. If I’m not having fun with our thread, I have a responsibility to tell you so, to try and fix it so that it’s fun for us both. Conversely, you have a responsibility to do the same. We both have the responsibility of ending things on a pleasant basis if our muses are incompatible.
5. There are days when I doubt my writing. I think we all have these days. Days when every sentence comes out awkwardly and half-thought, when nothing seems to flow. Please, don’t be afraid to ask me to change a reply if I’ve sidelined the plot with my meandering muse logic.
6. You will never upset me by talking to me out of character. I’m fully cognizant that behind each muse is a real person, and I would love to get to know that person.
7. I have a ‘style’, a set way that I best enjoy writing. If you’re a brilliant muse and I enjoy your writing, I may stalk you relentlessly without ever replying to a starter you’ve done just because our styles do not match. This doesn’t mean that either of us is less of a roleplayer because of it - we’re just different.
8. I will not belittle your character ooc.Each muse is unique, each muse is a precious creation of a creative mind, an entity of its own. I promise to respect that, and only critique when asked and then only for the purposes of helping your writing. I will never send you anon hate.
9. I want you to plot with me.I want our muses to have a story so complex, so incredible, that everyone reads along. I don’t want either of us to know how it will end before it begins. I want to sit on the edge of my seat, waiting for your reply, just to shake my head in awe of the brilliant turn or twist you’ve come up with.
10. Mun to mun - you are beautiful to me.When you’re having a bad day, come to my inbox. When you’re doubting yourself, tell me about it and I will remind you how amazing you are. When I’ve angered or disappointed you in character or out, tell me about it. First and foremost, we are writers, and I consider us friends if we write together. You’re not imposing on me - you’re allowing me to help.
I love Punziella’s work! Especially Rapunzel’s bangs and Elsa’s bun!All credit to Punziella!!!!
Anways, the new BIG SIX!!!
"Raggedy?" looking down at his pants it seemed that the child was right. When was the last time he bought a new pair anyway? "Uh, I think you mean corduroy’s."
Shaking her head a little too violently, Roune pouted at not being recognised.
"I am Roune! I don’t have a sister!”
Glaring upwards at Adachi’s much higher head, Roune tugged on his jacket.
"You’re funny looking."
Adachi couldn’t help but laugh quietly to himself. The little girl sure was cute, she was lucky that he enjoyed being around kids or else he would’ve definitely let his facade slip and tell her to get lost.
"M-my face? Thank you, A-haha. You’re quite cute, I’m sure you’ll grow up to be beautiful."
"R-really? I will? ………..Promise?”
The little girl pursed her lips, blushing furiously. Of course she wanted to grow up and be pretty, but dumb Rudy was always mean to her about it…
"My brother’s mean. He says I look like a piglet."
But this man said she’d be beautiful, right? That meant he liked her! And he was nice too! Roune beamed widely up at him, taking his hand into both her own and leading him inside.
"Okay! So now we have to get married! And drink tea with fancy cups!"
Once she had pushed the front door closed, she turned on her heel and folded her arms, scrutinising the detective.
"I have to wear lipstick at the wedding! So you have to wear something red too that isn’t a tie."
10 openings: six feet under
"Hit myself in the head? N-no not that I can recall. "
"Ah!" he jumped a little at the sound of the female’s voice. "Huh? Have we met before?"
He was surprised when Roune started checking his head for injuries for him, though he did find it awfully nice of a stranger to care for him this much.
"Amnesia? I don’t know…"
he frowned, now feeling a bit of fear. How much had he forgotten anyway? Shit.
"I feel fine, but about an hour ago I did feel nauseous. If I really do have amnesia do you think you have something that might help me remember you, miss Roune?"
There didn’t seem to be anything outwardly wrong with him, and Roune sighed a little disappointedly as she released his head. It would probably have been easier if there had been an injury… At least then the cause of his memory loss could have been explained.
Seeing the panic beginning to bubble up in the detective, Roune offered him a reassuring smile despite her own fears, resting a hand softly on his arm. “It’ll be okay. I’ll help you!”
Not that she really knew what to do, but at the very least, she couldn’t leave him alone. It’d be irresponsible, and probably kind of dangerous for him.
At his question, Roune wasn’t a hundred percent sure what to tell him. She wasn’t exactly someone special in his life, or who he had done something significant with.
God though, imagine if she were to be so devious as to tell him something else… like… that she was his girlfriend… Or, his fiance. God, wouldn’t that just be cruel? The poor guy was struggling with memory loss and she was being… weird.
"Um… I don’t know what to say really. I guess… Well, I bake a lot! I’ve baked you lots of cakes before. A-and um… w-well… I think the fact that I have a crush on you was also pretty obvious so… D-does that help?"
(Whew. Just finished changing the theme to Roune’s Relationships page.
If I missed anyone and you’d like to be on there, don’t hesitate to tell me!)
A smile appeared on Adachi’s face when Roune made the ‘kaching’ noise. He thought she was adorable, she had that perfect balance of being good-looking but still being a dork which was definitely a rare quality to have but a great one.
"O-oh, you didn’t have to bother making me anything, really." he took the booklet and smiled, "That was really nice of you! Uh…" he realized he didn’t get her anything. It wasn’t against her, he just never really bothered to celebrate valentine’s day. "H-hey, why don’t we go out for dinner or something sometime ok?"
"A-hahaha. Hmm, well…" he pulled out his cellphone noting the missed calls from Dojima-san. It was around lunch time though. He looked back at Roune, "I should probably get back to work, shocking I know, b-but how about we do dinner? It’ll give you time to get ready and I can try to humor Dojima-san and hopefully he’ll let me leave early."
Nodding in understanding, Roune couldn’t help but deflate ever so slightly. She kinda had been hoping to go now, but at least dinner was more… romantic, right? Like Adachi said though, it’d give her some time to really make herself look nice anyway. She had this really pretty red dress she’d been dying to have an excuse to wear.
"Sure! That sounds good. Be super nice to him."
With a soft giggle, she playfully nudged him back on his chest, then realised what a blatant ‘girl-flirt-move’ that was and promptly turned puce.
"U-Um! I’ll see you later then! Can’t wait!"
"Well, THAT’S because you haven’t seen the face of TRUE beauty before. Most people just strew their makeup all about their face without a THOUGHT in the world, but not me!"
For a moment, he remains silent, his attention focused on none other than himself, as he had been touching up his makeup with a personal mirror. Once he was done, he turned around and faced the woman.
"…EXCUSE me? Were you speaking to me? You REALLY shouldn’t interrupt a man when he’s applying his makeup, you know."
He laughed, quite pleased with the bit of flattery. He certainly didn’t mind it at all. It was rare that he got the praise he felt he deserved for his beauty, so he would appreciate it when someone actually had an eye for his brand of beauty.
"As for the brand, well, it comes from MY own personal line of cosmetics, Je Suis L’Belle! I would never tarnish my DASHING features by using a brand of makeup that wasn’t of my OWN creation. Beauty must be preserved and treated properly, otherwise, it is wasted, don’t YOU think?"
Man, this guy’s voice had the same effect as listening to someone’s nails on a blackboard. And was he joking? She couldn’t tell. That arrogance really seemed… over-the-top.
All Roune could let herself do was laugh half-heartedly, brow raised.
"Umm… S-sure? I mean… Beauty’s only a transient thing, right? It won’t last, so there’s no harm in enjoying it while it’s there!”
Wow, that made her sound smart. Good thing she recently learned what ‘transient’ meant.
But anyway. This guy’s definition of beauty definitely didn’t coincide with hers. He looked like he was auditioning for a play, as a clown. A really luxuriously-dressed clown. It didn’t help in the dilemma of figuring out if he really was a walking joke or not.
"So umm… I-I’m Roune Summers by the way! I don’t think I caught your name, Sir!”
Oh god. It was ‘sir’ right?…